Mashed cauliflower with mushroom gravy, curry roasted butternut squash and cauliflower, cauliflower au gratin with feta and olives…
So many nutritious and delicious recipes that will have you loving cauliflower, this simple recipe included!
This Italian cauliflower recipe is the perfect addition to so many memorable meals. (Appetizing pairing inspiration offered below!)
Cauliflower florets are perfectly seasoned with onion, balsamic vinegar, garlic, just to name a flavorful few…
Really, if trying to spruce up your veggie selection, this recipe is for you!
Italian Cauliflower Recipe
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition per serving: 70 calories, 4 g fat, 2 g protein, 8 g total carb, 3 g fiber
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1 small red onion, cut into strips
• 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
• 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Rinse and cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Toss all ingredients together and spread evenly on the coated baking sheet.
3. Roast until the cauliflower is tender and browned in some spots, about 20 minutes. Turn halfway through roasting for a more even cook. Watching carefully, broil on high for a couple of minutes for a greater roasted flavor.
4. Serve with baked chicken parmesan, chicken cacciatore, an egg frittata, and other entrees detailed below!
How to Serve Italian Cauliflower
There are many ways to serve Italian cauliflower, including traditional Italian entrees and not-so-traditional meals. The cauliflower can also be seasoned with other favorite spices, herbs, and other fresh ingredients!
Tasty entrees to pair Italian cauliflower with include classic Italian favorites and even breakfast options!
• Baked chicken parmesan. This healthy baked chicken parm recipe is all you want in the Italian classic without the extra calories. The Italian favorite plus Italian cauliflower equals one delicious duo!
• Eggplant parmesan casserole. If looking for a plant-based alternative to chicken parm, this eggplant parmesan casserole is for you! Lightly breaded and baked, not fried, eggplant topped with the fresh flavors of tomato sauce and fresh basil. And not to forget, a rich, gooey melted cheese layered much like a casserole!
• Vegan gnocchi with mushroom cream sauce. Another Italian favorite made plant-based is vegan gnocchi with mushroom cream sauce. The richness of the recipe feels like comfort food, but it only supplies 350 calories per serving! The gnocchi can be bulked with veggies, including Italian cauliflower.
• Chicken cacciatore. Chicken cacciatore is a "hunter-style" chicken dish that uses onions, tomatoes, and other spices to enrich the dish. Balance the protein-packed, Italian favorite with roasted cauliflower.
• Zucchini noodles with pesto. Looking for an alternative to red sauce? Give this green, nutrient-dense zucchini noodles with pesto a go! Marrying with the cauliflower is a satisfying, sure way to get those veggies in for the day.
• Baked tilapia with tomato caper sauce. The mild taste of the tilapia is balanced by tangy hints of garlic, olives, capers, and onions from the tomato caper sauce. Truly round out the dish with a serving of the Italian cauliflower.
• Egg frittata. Eating vegetables for breakfast can be challenging, until now! Adding veggies to that morning meal has never been easier (and maybe tastier. The Italian cauliflower is a delicious complement to an egg frittata, including sweet onion and ham and cheese frittata variations.
Other veggies and seasonings to ignite flavor in Italian cauliflower include:
• Black or green olives
• Garlic powder
• Grape tomatoes
• Lemon juice
• Parmesan cheese
• Red pepper flakes
Adjust the ingredient and volume used to liking, along with what you decide to couple with the Italian cauliflower.
Buon appetito (enjoy your meal)!