Traditional French veloute sauce is drizzled over our traditional chicken breast to create a succulent and tangy sensation.
Veloute sauce was actually designated one of the five "mother sauces" by Auguste Escoffier in the 19th century. The term "veloute" is French for velvet.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans, this healthy family dinner recipe is sure to wow and amaze! Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Veloute Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition per serving: 210 calories, 5 g fat, 32 g protein, 1 g total carb, 0 g fiber
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
• 4, 5-oz chicken breast fillets
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
• 1/2 cup of white wine
• 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
• 1 tsp corn starch
• 1 Tbsp water
• A pinch of white pepper
1. Fire up the grill to medium-high heat and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, marinate the chicken with the spices, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Place chicken on the heated grill with the skin side down and mark for about 3 minutes. Place the grilled chicken on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat on the stovetop. Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
5. Add the wine, chicken stock, and pepper then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix corn starch with water until combined. Once boiling, add the corn starch with water and allow the sauce to thicken.
6. Cook for 1 more minute, remove from the stove, and serve over chicken.
You can serve this with mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans for a nice, delicious and hearty meal.