Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Wedges Recipe
Ready to fall in love with yet another pumpkin recipe? You do not want to miss out on these roasted pumpkin wedges that pack a little heat!
Fall: A time for fresh pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spiced lattes...
Really, all the pumpkin recipes!
And we believe pumpkin should never be sold short for its versatility. This is why we are transforming a sugar pumpkin into one spicy roasted pumpkin recipe!
Sugar pumpkins are smaller in size compared to those often carved into a Jack o lantern. Compared to carving pumpkins, the sugar varieties are better cooking pumpkins thanks to their sweeter and more abundant flesh. The texture of sugar pumpkins is also less fibrous, making it a perfect choice for this roasted pumpkin recipe.
Our spicy roasted pumpkin wedges make the perfect side dish to any meal. But it could likewise be transformed into an entirely new dish! (Read on to find out how…)
Fall in love with this oven-roasted pumpkin recipe this Autumn season or any time of the year!
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Wedges Recipe
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition per serving: 80 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g protein, 8 g total carb, 2 g fiber
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
• 1 sugar pumpkin or about 4 cups (butternut squash would also work)
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Wash pumpkin and dry thoroughly.
3. To cut your pumpkin: First cut it in half using a sharp knife, just beside the stem. Using a spoon, remove the seeds from both halves. Cut each in half again, beside the stem and remove the stem and the other part of the base. Peel the pumpkin with a vegetable peeler. Then slice the pumpkin into wedges and layer evenly on a baking sheet.
4. In a small bowl, combine olive oil with the spices and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the mixture over wedges and toss well with hands or tongs. Make sure wedges are coated in the mixture.
6. Roast for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the wedges are soft and skin is crisp.
*Feel free to adjust spices and seasonings to preference.
3 Ways to Enjoy the Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
The roasted pumpkin wedges make the perfect side dish to any meal! But they can also be paired with a refreshing dig, blended into a dip, amongst the many!
Pair with Chilled Yogurt Dip
The spicy roasted pumpkin wedges are divine as is, but why not kick the flavor up a notch? This chilled yogurt dip is the perfect complement to the heat of the pumpkin!
With Greek yogurt as the base, the dip is packed with protein. The chopped pecans add crunch and healthy fat while honey offers natural sweetness.
Did we mention how simple it is to whip up? All it takes is a few ingredients and minutes!
1. Gather 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup chopped pecans, and 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup.
2. Combine Greek yogurt and half the pecans and maple syrup in a serving bowl.
3. Drizzle the remaining syrup on top and garnish with the pecans. Sprinkle with coarse salt as desired.
4. Serve chilled with the warm roasted pumpkin wedges.
Blend Into a Dip
Blending the baked pumpkin into a dip itself is an innovative win! And really all the heavy lifting is complete, so all that is left to do is blend in a food processor.
1. Add prepared roasted pumpkin in a food processor.
2. Blend until reached the desired consistency such as smooth or coarse.
3. Serve with sliced veggies or sprouted crackers.
Build a Balanced Bowl
Transform a delicious side dish into a delicious meal itself!
1. Cut the wedges into bite-sized pieces and add to a serving bowl.
2. Layer with a protein source, including pork tenderloin, shrimp, or chickpeas.
3. Bulk with veggies, including roasted Brussels sprouts, red onion, cauliflower, and bell pepper.
4. Add healthy fat, flavor, and crunch by sprinkling atop favorite nuts or seeds, including pumpkin seeds!
How do you like to enjoy your roasted pumpkin?