If you're looking for a refreshing and satisfying smoothie, this quick recipe is it! The chocolate protein paired with the healthy fat and fiber from avocado will keep cravings and hunger at bay—and throwing in some spinach will give you a hidden boost of nutrients! It's also tied to together with peppermint extract for cool pop of flavor.
*Tip: Makes a great breakfast or lunch on-the-go. Try cutting the ingredients in half and using this recipe for an indulgent snack!
300 cals, 9 g fat, 32 g protein, 22 g total carb, and 3 g dietary fiber
• 1 cup skim milk (if dairy-free, choose unsweetened almond, coconut or rice milk)
• 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or enough to provide 20-30g of protein)
• 3/4 cup ice
• 1/4 of an avocado
• 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or more, to taste)
• 1 handful (about 1 cup) baby spinach leaves, raw
1. Put milk or milk alternative in a blender.
2. Add protein powder, ice and peppermint extract.
3. Add the baby spinach on top and blend for approximately 1 minute until smooth.
4. Add more or less ice to desired consistency.