This healthy and delicious Shepherd's Pie recipe serves 4
Nutrition Per Serving
NET Carbohydrate 15g
Shepherd's Pie Filling
• 1 lb Lean Ground Beef (95/5)
• 2 cups Carrots, diced
• 1 large Onion, chopped
• 1 cup Edamame, frozen and shelled
• ½ cup Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
• 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
• ½ teaspoon Thyme, ground
• 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary, ground
• ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 teaspoon Parsley
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Cheesy Cauliflower Crust
• 1 head of fresh cauliflower, chopped
• ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
• ½ cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with a spritz of olive oil.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add your ground beef onion powder, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, sea salt and parsley. Brown the beef, about 10 minutes, stirring to break up lumps.
5. Add edamame and carrots and heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in beef broth and allow to simmer a few minutes longer.
7. Transfer meat mixture to the casserole.
8. With an electric mixer at medium speed, whip the cooked cauliflower and add ¼ cup of the shredded cheddar. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
9. Spoon cauliflower evenly over meat. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden on top.
Serve with steamed broccoli or green beans.