Brussels sprouts: A veggie not everyone wishes to be served.
Not only are these crispy roasted Brussels sprouts delicious, but simple to prepare. Really, all you need is a few ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, including olive oil, salt, and pepper.
You can also completely transform a simple recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts into a side dish guests will swoon over! Because with versatile toppings including pancetta and balsamic vinegar, there is a flavor profile for everyone.
Learn how to roast brussels sprouts to crispy goodness that all will want on their meal plates (and maybe a second helping)!
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Yield: About 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 3 g fat, 6 g protein, 15 g total carb, 7 g fiber
• 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, rinsed and dried
• 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 tsp Kosher salt or sea salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the rough stems of each Brussels sprout and remove any wilted and yellow outer leaves. Then, cut each in half lengthwise.
3. Add Brussels sprouts, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Gently toss to coat.
4. Line baking sheet with the coated Brussels sprouts cut side down. Be sure to not overcrowd them to ensure each sprout is evenly roasted and cooked through.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes then flip the Brussels sprouts. Add back to the oven for about 15 more minutes. The center should be fork-tender and edges charred and crisp.
You can also top with favorite pairings, including some of our favorites:
• Pancetta: At about 10 minutes in or midpoint, add cubed pancetta and cook for about 15 to 20 more minutes.
• Parmesan cheese: Sprinkle the cheese once the sprouts are halfway cooked, or about 15 minutes. Add back into the oven to finish cooking.
• Balsamic vinegar: Drizzle with balsamic after the Brussels sprouts are fully cooked.
• Maple syrup: Lightly drizzle with maple syrup once cooked. Add back to the oven for another minute or two.
Also, feel free to add other roasted veggies to the Brussels sprouts mix!
Delicious and nutritious combos include parsnips, carrots, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes. Simply sprinkle with salt or add other seasonings such as onion powder and red pepper flakes.
What will be your favorite Brussels sprouts pairings?
Can Roasted Brussels Sprouts Be Reheated?
Leftovers may not be so common with such a delicious recipe. However, you may have made more than enough accidentally or prepared to last the week.
So this proposes the question: Can roasted Brussels sprouts be reheated?
Of course, all food items can be reheated with an easy nuke in the microwave. But a quick 30 seconds and wishful thinking will not bring back those crispy Brussels sprouts you relished on the night prior.
The good news is there is still hope! Better yet, reheating is just as simple as preparing the recipe. Here is how to do it:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Reheating on a high temp will likely overcook or burn the roasted sprouts since they were once cooked.
2. Layer the Brussels evenly on a sheet pan, remembering to not overcrowd them.
3. Bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them as they cook.
4. Enjoy (again)!