Tired of the same old steamed broccoli?
There are so many delicious ways to cook broccoli beyond steamed and boiled, including being perfectly roasted!
Find out how to roast broccoli with ease, along with other tips to liven up that cruciferous veggie!
(Oh, and did we mention the side dish only takes a quick 30 minutes?)
Roasted Broccoli Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition per serving: 70 calories, 3 g fat, 3 g protein, 7 g total carb, 3 g fiber
Prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
• 1 lb broccoli florets, frozen
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Add all ingredients to a rimmed baking sheet. Mix together and spread florets in an even layer.
3. Roast about 15 minutes or until florets begin to brown around the edges.
Roasted Broccoli Toppings & Seasonings
Love roasted broccoli already? Then you will love roasted broccoli with parmesan, lemon, and other toppings and seasonings!
• Balsamic vinegar
• Lemon juice and zest
• Garlic, including garlic salt, powder, and minced
• Red pepper flakes
• Shredded or grated parmesan cheese
• Curry, ginger, and turmeric powder
Likewise, play around with flavors! Some of our favorite combos include:
• Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano
• Minced garlic and lemon zest
• Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes
• Basil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and parsley
The recipe works for other roasted vegetables, too. Broccoli with carrot, cauliflower, squash, and other favorite veggies.
Mix or pair in favorite entrees for a balanced meal, including:
How will you enjoy those perfectly roasted florets?