Try this deliciously sweet mug cake by bistroMD can be made in just six, easy steps (and step 5 is as easy as using a microwave) you can satisfy your sweet tooth and feel completely pleased without overindulging in typical unhealthy dessert options. This mug cake is perfect to share, with only 170 calories and 8 grams of protein per serving.
Nutrition Per Serving, Serves 2, serving size: ½ Cake + Frosting + Dark Chocolate Garnish
Protein: 8 grams
NET Carbohydrate: 9 grams
2 tablespoons Almond Flour
1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Milk (dairy or unsweetened dairy-free)
1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
¼ teaspoon Almond Extract
1 teaspoon Coconut Oil, melted
Dash of Sea Salt
2 tablespoons Natural, Light Whipped Cream
1/2 teaspoon Peanut Butter Powder (try PB2)
¼ teaspoon Shaved Dark Chocolate, 70-85% Cacoa
1. Mix together dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt) in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Melt coconut oil in either a small ramekin or coffee mug that you will use to bake the cake.
3. Add milk, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the ramekin with coconut oil and whisk to combine.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Microwave 1.5 – 2 minutes until cake is no longer wet.
6. If using frosting, allow to cool to room temperature before icing and garnish with shaved dark chocolate.