The Best Low-Carb Eggplant Pizzas You Can Make at Home
There's something for everyone with these five delicious eggplant pizza recipes. From buffalo to Mediterranean, cure those pizza cravings without additional calories and carbs!
Do you often find yourself craving the flavors of pizza but worried about compromising your health goals? With the use of eggplant, calories and carbohydrate intake will naturally decline. Have a pizza party with the best low-carb eggplant pizza you can make at home!
Healthy Eggplant Pizza Recipe:
Nutrition Per Serving (makes 4 servings)
Total Fat: 8 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Total Carbs: 9 grams
• 1 eggplant - cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup pizza sauce
• 1/2 cup shredded cheese
*Recipe can be adjusted to accommodate amount of servings desired
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Brush both sides of the eggplant with oil (and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper if preferred).
3. Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly tender.
4. Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on eggplant slice and top with shredded cheese. Place back into oven until cheese melts, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
Healthy Eggplant Pizza Variations
The recipe above can act as a blank canvas to harness a multitude of variations. Go beyond basic and let these flavors excite your taste buds!
Traditional. Okay, sometimes the classics are the best! For a more traditional low-carb eggplant pizza, top with mozzarella cheese, parsley, basil, and oregano.
Mediterranean. Let the rich nutrients of Mediterranean cuisine highlight the pizza. Layer pizza with fresh tomatoes, black olives, fresh peppers, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Mexican. Have a hankering for Mexican pizza? Look no further! Replace traditional pizza sauce with fresh salsa and top with ground lean beef, jalapenos, and onion. Dollop with plain Greek yogurt to mimic sour cream while reducing fat and amplifying protein.
The Bayou. Take a quick taste trip to New Orleans! For an alternative spin on traditional po'boys, use fresh shrimp, tomatoes, and Cajun spices. Shrimp is not only low in calories, but packed with protein and healthy fat.
Buffalo. Spice up your taste buds with grilled chicken and low-fat buffalo or hot sauce. For added creaminess and flavor, prepare a ranch dipping sauce by mixing plain Greek yogurt and a dry ranch packet mix.