The Avocado Recipe You've Been Waiting For
Searching for a creamy treat to cool you down this summer without packing on tons of calories or weight? Look no further than this dairy-free, vegetarian avocado ice cream recipe we know you’ve been waiting for!
Searching for a creamy treat to cool you down this summer without packing on tons of calories? Look no further than the avocado recipe you've been waiting for! This dairy-free, vegetarian ice cream offers smoothness and creaminess without all the added sugars and unwanted ingredients tied to traditional ice creams. All you need is a few common ingredients and your favorite ice cream bowl!
How to Make Avocado Ice Cream
• 3 ripe avocados
• 3 medium-sized bananas - peeled, chopped, and frozen
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup your favorite unsweetened milk (cow's, almond, cashew). Can add 1 tablespoon at a time in addition as needed
• Optional sweeteners and add-ins
1. Cut avocados in half, remove the pits, and scrape out the edible flesh into a food processor.
2. Add frozen banana pieces and vanilla extract to food processor. Tip: Peel and slice ripe bananas and keep in freezer to have pre-frozen and on hand.
3. Process ingredients together until the mixture is smooth. Splash with milk as needed to soften the mixture. You may need to stop processing and scrape the edges a time or two.
4. Once smooth, lightly mix optional add-ins. (Read on for tasty flavor combinations!)
5. Serve and enjoy or freeze until use! Once frozen, the ice cream may need thawed prior to serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Makes 8 servings; Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories: 140 calories
Total Fat: 9 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Total Carbs: 15 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sugar: 6 grams
*Nutrition per serving using unsweetened vanilla almond milk without add-ins
Avocado Ice Cream Flavor Ideas
Use fresh mint or mint extract for a soothing ice cream product. Mix in a few dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs for the ultimate mint chocolate concoction!
Mix in or top avocado ice cream with fresh or frozen berries. Blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries are "berry" cool ice cream contenders!
Squeeze fresh lemon or orange juice into ice cream for an invigorating, citrus-y flavor.
For an extra tropical treat, mix fresh or canned pineapple into ice cream. Top with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts for added crunch.
The spicy flavors of pumpkin pie meet the freshness of ice cream! Blend canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg in food processor with avocado mixture. Top with toasted pecans for a light crunch.
Mix in natural peanut butter, sliced bananas, and chopped peanuts for a treat not only monkeys will love!
Peaches n' Cream
Enjoy the freshness of ripe peaches by adding them into this creamy, guilt-free treat.