Mushroom, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
This mushroom, caramelized onion, and goat cheese bruschetta recipe is the perfect appetizer for a hungry crowd - trust us, everybody will go crazy for it!
Bruschetta is the perfect summer appetizer and deliciously simple to make! Our mushroom, caramelized onion, and goat cheese bruschetta recipe is the perfect appetizer for a hungry crowd --- trust us, everybody will go crazy for it!
If you have left overs, you can even put the mixture over chicken.
Nutrition per serving
Yield: approx. 20 pieces; Serving size: 2 pieces
5g total fat
12g NET carbohydrate
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, julienne
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 12 oz fresh mushrooms, chopped
• Sea Salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• Baguette cut diagonally into 20 slices about 1/2 inch thick
• 6 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Warm 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until softened and a caramel color about 15 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add mushrooms with a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat. Add parsley and lemon juice and stir to combine.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush bread on both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake until golden and slightly crisp, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through baking.
5. In a small bowl, add goat cheese, remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Using the back of a spoon, combine until parsley is evenly dispersed in the goat cheese.
6. Spread goat cheese mixture on bread slices and top each with a heaping tablespoonful of mushroom mixture and serve.