Honey Drizzled Broiled Grapefruit Recipe
This healthy honey-broiled grapefruit recipe will help keep your goals on track while still allowing you to indulge in a sweet and tart treat! Give this healthy dessert alternative a taste!
Change your grapefruit world with this recipe! Broiling juicy grapefruit with a bit of honey and ginger creates the perfect caramelized crust on this surprisingly warm and delicious dessert.
Guests can customize the taste with their choice of toppings like: cinnamon, Greek yogurt, toasted nuts, dried fruit. Each ½ grapefruit serving is just 70 calories.
Nutrition Per Serving
Yields 2 Servings
Serving Size: 1/2 grapefruit with honey
13g NET carbohydrate
• Grapefruit, halved
• Honey, drizzle
• Ground ginger or cinnamon
• Optional toppings: cinnamon, Greek yogurt, toasted nuts, dried or fresh fruit
1. Place oven rack on top position in oven to prepare for broiling.
2. Cut grapefruit(s) in half. Using a small serrated knife or grapefruit knife, loosen the grapefruit sections from the membrane. Place the grapefruit halves on a baking sheet or shallow baking pan, cut side up.
3. Drizzle grapefruit halves with honey and dust with ground ginger or cinnamon.
4. Place under broiler until bubbling and slightly browned in spots, about 4 to 6 minutes. Serve warm with option toppings for guests to use.