Grilled Vegetable Salad with Herb Dressing
Grilling vegetables is a great way to add a hint of smokiness and extra flavor to the season's best vegetables. This particular dish is perfect for accompanying any meal!
Grilling vegetables is a great way to add a hint of smokiness and extra flavor to the season's best vegetables. This particular dish is perfect for those on a Paleo or low-carb diet; with just 35 calories per serving, this dish won't derail your diet. The balsamic herb drizzle is a great compliment to this side dish.
If you have any leftovers (a big IF), these vegetables are great in a wrap, breakfast scramble, or on a naan pizza with a little olive oil and sprinkled goat cheese.
Nutrition per Serving
Yield: Approx. 10 servings; Serving Size: 1/2 cup
1g total fat
3 NET carbohydrate
• 3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 in strips
• 1 lb. yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
• 1 lb. zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
• 1 lb. eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
• 1 lb. baby portabello mushrooms
• 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
• 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for brushing vegetables
• 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• Sea salt and black pepper
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat and brush with oil to coat the grates.
2. Brush the vegetables with olive oil to coat lightly.
3. Sprinkle the vegetables with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Grill each of the vegetables separately until tender and lightly charred (8 for the bell peppers, 7 minutes for the yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms and red onion, 4 minutes for the asparagus).
5. Arrange the vegetables on a serving platter.
6. Whisk 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Drizzle the herb dressing over the vegetables.
*This dish can be served warm or at room temperature.