Perfectly Spiced & Baked Cinnamon Apples
Dreaming of warm cinnamon apples without the worry of added sugars and time to prepare? Learn how to make cinnamon apples baked to perfection in a quick 10 minutes!
The aroma of warm cinnamon apples wafts through the entire house, smelling like grandma's homemade apple pie.
The best part? There is no need for added sugars and an extensive time commitment!
In fact, all you need is a few simple ingredients likely already stocked in the kitchen. Oh, and just a quick 10 minutes of your time.
Learn how to make cinnamon apples baked to perfection, along with eggcellent pairing suggestions!
Baked Cinnamon Apple Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 6 g fat, 2 g protein, 10 g total carb, 2 g fiber
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
• 1 lb tart apples, cored, peeled, and sliced (such as Granny Smith)
• 1 Tbsp cinnamon
• Splash of lemon juice
• 1/4 cup walnuts, rough chopped
• 2 Tbsp cranberries, dried
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the apples, cinnamon, and lemon juice, and allow to cook, stirring every few minutes. Heat until the apples begin to brown and soften, about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the walnuts and cranberries and stir to combine.
6 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Cinnamon Apples
The baked apple recipe can be enjoyed in many ways, including as is or for breakfast. Oh, they can also be transformed into a healthy apple crisp!
1. Enjoy on Their Own
Have a hanking sweet tooth? These slightly sweet, perfectly spiced cinnamon apples can be enjoyed on their own and crush any craving! Top with a little whipped cream as desired.
2. Pair with an Omelet
Looking for a slightly sweet, slightly savory, majorly flavor-packed breakfast? Serve the apples warm alongside a hearty, yet healthy Canadian bacon and Swiss omelet!
Omelets are a diner and fan-favorite but can be laden in unwanted oils and hard to master. Fortunately, our recipe includes a few simple ingredients and a little bit of instruction. Oh, and it is completed in a quick 10 minutes from start to finish!
3. Top Onto French Toast
Cooked apples top perfectly onto French toast! Drizzle with light maple syrup or honey as desired.
4. Mix Into Oatmeal
French toast is a divine morning meal, but oats can equally be as well! They also are simple and quick to make, all while being packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and other powerful nutrients.
For an on-the-go breakfast, make these overnight oats the night prior to enjoying them. Mix in the cooled cinnamon apples or top the morning of.
5. Transform Into Healthy Apple Crisp
Along with being mixed into oatmeal, these cinnamon apples can be topped with oats and baked for the ultimate healthy apple crisp recipe.
These steps may be more timely, but the extra effort is more than worth it!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add the apples, cinnamon, and lemon juice to a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour into greased baking dish.
3. In the same bowl, add 1 cup quick oats, 1/4 cup nuts, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and sprinkle atop apples.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes until apples are soft, covering pan loosely with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent over-browning.
Feel free to tweak the recipe to preference. For instance, add cranberries to the apple mixture or chopped nuts to the topping. Also, adjust the ingredient amounts to yield more or less as needed or desired.
6. Serve à la Mode
And last but certainly not least…
Top the cinnamon apples or apple crisp with a small serving of vanilla ice cream or other variety of choice. The spiced warmth of the apples and chilled creaminess from the ice cream is sure to satisfy any sort of dessert craving!
To scale back on sugar, top with plain Greek yogurt instead of ice cream. Not only does Greek yogurt offer creaminess, but adds a punch of quality protein!