Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
Our team of chefs and dietitians have created these naturally-sweetened, grain-free cinnamon apple pancakes for a well-balanced, delicious breakfast!
Nothing says "Good morning!" like apple cinnamon pancakes! The team of bistroMD chefs and dietitians have created this recipe for a well-balanced, delicious breakfast.
These naturally sweet, grain-free pancakes are made with almond flour, also known as almond meal, as an alternative to pancake mix or wheat flour. They are low in carbohydrates, high in fiber and protein.
• 2 eggs, large
• l 1/4 apple sauce, unsweetened
• 1/4 cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup, sugar-free
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 pinch ground cinnamon
1. Whisk the 2 eggs in a small bowl. Add in the applesauce, 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Then add the almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
2. Spray a large, nonstick sauté pan with the cooking spray and heat to low/medium heat for about 1 minute. Once the pan is fully heated, spoon in 1/4 cup of batter.
3. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side and then flip to cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes. You'll want to move quickly when flipping with a spatula.
4. Plate the pancakes and lightly drizzle with the remaining maple syrup.