Preparing a diabetes nutrition plan can be overwhelming, though a diabetic meal delivery program can help change your life. See how we can help!
People with diabetes may find preparing a diabetic, healthy diet can be challenging.
Really, the time and know-how can be a feat for preparing diabetic-friendly meals on a daily basis. This is where a diabetic meal delivery program can be extremely useful and work for you!
Why choose our diabetic meal delivery? Below lists the top 5 ways it can work for you!
1. A diabetic diet plan to lose weight customized for you.
Healthy meal plans are backed by science and research of founding weight loss physician Dr. Caroline Cederquist. Dr. Cederquist works with Registered Dietitians to ensure nutritional requirements for healthy and sustainable weight loss are met.
That being said, every meal is doctor-designed and dietitian-approved. They provide a scientific balance of fiber, lean protein, and fat to jumpstart weight loss.
Not only can losing weight improve blood sugars, but may even reverse the condition! This is losing weight helps the cells become less resistant to the effects of insulin. People with type 2 diabetes who even lose five to 10 percent of body weight can improve blood sugars.
But a suitable meal delivery program does more than make sure meals are properly balanced with the right nutrients. Diabetic meal delivery is customized just for you, and dietitians ensure personal dietary needs are being me by creating custom menus.
What's more, there is ongoing support through free dietitian consults, online resources, and newsletters. Interact with a motivating Facebook community, too.
2. The diabetes nutrition plan manages blood sugars, pressures, and lipids.
The best diabetic meal delivery program considers the primary factors of a successful diabetes-managing regimen, and bistroMD does just that!
The diabetic program was created by Dr. Cederquist as a specific response to a very real need. Using her expertise as a board-certified bariatric physician, Dr. Cederquist combined the nutritional requirements of a diabetic diet with the delicious flavors of top-notch cuisine.
Most diabetic meals supply 25 net grams of carbs or less and deliver adequate lean protein your body needs to regulate blood sugar. There is less inclusion of saturated fats and more heart-healthy fats, such as olive oil, as well. The diabetic diet helps manage weight and diabetes, along with improving blood pressure, lipids, and other health parameters.
Ultimately, it is important to choose a meal delivery program that gives paramount concern to the medical benefits of their food. It should also create meals that are five-star quality, which leads us to our next point…
3. Diabetic meals are nutritious and delicious.
Along with being nutritionally-adequate, all meals created by bistroMD are bountiful in flavor. Offering 200 recipes and a customizable menu, always find something to please personal preferences and meet individualized goals following a diabetic menu plan.
But what diabetes food options simultaneously manage blood sugars and satisfy taste buds?
Just to name a few...
• Apple cinnamon oatmeal with scrambled eggs
• Seven-grain waffles with strawberry compote
• Caramelized mushroom and onion frittata
• Eggs and tomato scramble with chocolate chip muffins
• Western omelet with roasted potato and onion hash
Lunch and Dinner:
• Beef and vegetable stew with burgundy wine
• Blackened chicken with creamy smoked paprika sauce
• Grilled chicken pesto with farro salad
• Sliced ham with mustard maple sauce
• Pork tenderloin with whole grain mustard sauce
• Grilled salmon with lemon Dijon dressing
• Jerk spiced tilapia with mango pineapple salsa
• Thai green curry chicken
• Dark chocolate coconut bar
• Java boost shake
• Crunchy almond puffs
• Vanilla bean cheesecake
• Orchard beef jerky with apples and cherries
• Black bean chicken jerky
4. The diabetic meal plan is completely customizable.
Since health is not one-size-fits-all, diabetic meal plans are completely customizable to meet personal needs and preferences.
Also, review and edit upcoming menus each week and choose individual entrees for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
In addition to their diverse healthy meals for diabetics, bistroMD offers men and women's programs. There is also the choice to choose between a 5 or 7-day diabetic program to best fit personal needs and schedules.
• 7-Day Program: The 7-Day Program is the most comprehensive diabetic program. It is best suited for those who would like the peace of mind knowing their entire week is planned out.
Seven breakfasts, seven lunches, and six dinners are provided and the option of snacks. Members are also encouraged to use MyNight, a weekly opportunity to have a structured break from the program.
• 5-Day Program: The 5-Day Program is ideal for those dedicated to their weight loss goals, but who do not require a full 7 days of entrees.
Five breakfasts, five lunches, and five dinners are provided, along with the option of snacks.
So what is on the diabetic menu on your "off" days or nights? Look no further than these healthy meals for diabetics!
Rather than going for a high-carb muffin or donut, balancing breakfasts with protein, fat, and fiber helps keep blood sugars and hunger at bay. Consider putting these nutritious selections on your diabetes meal plan:
• Avocado egg: Slice an avocado in half and take out the large pit. Crack an egg into the created dip and bake until the egg whites are cooked and the yolk is at desired firmness. Top with green onions, diced tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, and hot sauce if craving a little spice!
• Protein smoothies: Protein and flavor-packed, start your day with a quick smoothie. Some of our favorite flavor combos include chocolate banana and peach, raspberry, and basil.
• Overnight oats: Want a quick, simple, and nutrient-dense breakfast to keep you and blood sugar levels satisfied for hours on end? Look no further than these overnight oat recipes, including blueberry almond, peanut butter oatmeal cookie, and apple pie varieties.
• Black bean omelet: This black bean omelet is high in fiber and protein and only takes a quick 10 minutes' worth of prep time!
Lunch and Dinner
Skip out on those drive-thru runs and calls for takeout and prepare these lunch and dinner meals for diabetes the whole family will love!
• Mason jar salads: Reuse a mason jar to conveniently store and pack one (or all) of these healthy salads for a convenient, sustainable, and nutritious lunch. Delicious and diverse combinations include Mediterranean, avocado shrimp, BLT, and southwestern salads.
• Roast beef roll-ups: Spread mustard on a whole-wheat wrap, add a few slices of roast beef, tomato, lettuce, and green peppers. Roll the wrap tightly, cut into four equal sections, and enjoy!
• Pumpkin curry with shrimp: If craving takeout, prepare this Thanksgiving-inspired pumpkin curry recipe! It boasts of traditional Thai spices and coconut milk for a dish everyone will enjoy during any time of the year.
• Greek stuffed peppers: Lightened up with low-carb peppers and loaded with plant-based quinoa, these Greek stuffed peppers are diabetic-friendly and stuffed with flavor!
• Herb beef sirloin skewers: Fire up the grill for these herb beef sirloin skewers and serve with a side of non-starchy veggies and complex carb such as brown rice.
• Baked tilapia with tomato caper sauce: The mild taste of tilapia is balanced by tangy hints of garlic, olives, capers, and onions in this diabetic-friendly dinner idea.
A diabetic snack, or simply one that fits in a healthy eating plan, should be balanced in protein and fiber. The combo helps control both blood sugars and hunger. Including a healthy fat source is helpful as well.
There are numerous snack options to help control hunger and blood sugars, including:
• 1 ounce of almonds or other favorite nut
• 1 small apple with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
• 1 to 2 medium hard boiled eggs
• 1 cup of grapes with 1 part-skim cheese stick
• 1 cup of carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons of hummus
• ½ cup of blueberries with 6-ounces of non-fat, plain Greek yogurt and a dash of cinnamon
• 3 slices deli turkey wrapped around sliced bell pepper and cream cheese
5. Diabetic meal delivery offers simplicity and convenience.
A busy professional without the time to prepare a gourmet meal, tailored to their diabetic diet, wants a simple ordering process. And this is where an online diabetic meal delivery program has a clear and obvious advantage: Their convenience and simplicity!
Diabetic meals delivered to doorsteps works seamlessly from the very beginning. All you have to do is visit the website, log in, and pick from the carefully selected items on the menu.
(Really, ordering a diabetes food plan has never been so simple and easy!)
And with ready-prepared, diabetic meals delivered straight to your doorstep, you gain more quality time on your personal clock. This gifts you more minutes in your day spent out away from the kitchen and more towards things you enjoy and love to do!
Final Remarks Regarding a Diabetic Diet Plan to Lose Weight
As a recap, a diabetic meal delivery program helps tailor a menu with personal medical needs in mind. The best programs will specifically prepare their meals for their medical considerations and provide an easy way to order from home.
So when it comes to convenience, proper diet, and diabetes management, an elite diabetic meal delivery program cannot be beaten. And, of course, they also provide the ultimate comfort of home delivery!
And truly, no diabetic meal delivery program combines all these elements quite like bistroMD!