Bruschetta is the perfect summer appetizer and deliciously simple to make! Our mushroom, caramelized onion, and goat cheese bruschetta recipe is the perfect appetizer for a hungry crowd --- trust us, everybody will go crazy for it!
If you have left overs, you can even put the mixture over chicken.
Nutrition per serving
Yield: approx. 20 pieces; Serving size: 2 pieces
5g total fat
12g NET carbohydrate
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, julienne
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 12 oz fresh mushrooms, chopped
• Sea Salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• Baguette cut diagonally into 20 slices about 1/2 inch thick
• 6 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Warm 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until softened and a caramel color about 15 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add mushrooms with a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Cook until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat. Add parsley and lemon juice and stir to combine.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush bread on both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake until golden and slightly crisp, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through baking.
5. In a small bowl, add goat cheese, remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Using the back of a spoon, combine until parsley is evenly dispersed in the goat cheese.
6. Spread goat cheese mixture on bread slices and top each with a heaping tablespoonful of mushroom mixture and serve.