Gobs of brown sugar and melted butter often marry together to make glazed carrots.
But we created one mouthwatering recipe without these ingredients heavy in saturated fat and unwanted, refined sugar. Instead, our recipe includes heart-healthy olive oil and seasonings.
Besides, carrots offer natural sweetness on their own without the need for copious amounts of added sugar. They are also rich in nutrients and offer some pretty amazing health benefits, including:
• Maintain good vision
• Prevent certain diseases, including heart disease
• Support digestive health
• Control blood sugars
• Assist in cell growth
• Help build strong bones
Find out how to reap these benefits all while relishing on your next fan favorite. (And even the pickiest of eaters will be wanting more!)
Honey Herb Carrots Recipe
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition per serving: 90 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g protein, 15 g total carb, 3 g fiber
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
• 2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 2 Tbsp honey
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easier cleanup.
2. Place cut carrots in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add oregano and thyme. Pour honey evenly over carrots and toss to coat.
3. Roast in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until carrots are tender and browned, tossing once in between. Cooking will vary depending on the size/thickness of carrots.
4. Remove cooked carrots from the oven and serve warm.
What to Pair with Honey Roasted Carrots
These honey roasted carrots are divine enough to be enjoyed straight from the pan!
But why limit their potential? You do not want to miss out on these 8 delicious dish pairings!
Deep dive into the taste of the sea with tuna noodle casserole. A comfort classic is lightened up with fresh ingredients and pairs perfectly with the roasted carrots.
A touch of garlic, red pepper flakes, and white wine give shrimp scampi flavor deep as the sea! Round out the dish with the roasted carrots.
Lightly breaded and baked eggplant is layered with gooey melted cheese and topped with tomato sauce and fresh basil. The carrots are an ideal balance to this healthy, yet rich dish!
4. Vegan Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce
A vegan-friendly, rich bowl of tender gnocchi is topped with a luscious mushroom sauce. But to make the meal truly vegan, sub out the honey for agave, maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice.
5. Pork Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
Delicate, yet juicy pork tenderloin couple perfectly with the sweetness of the roasted carrots. Feel free to skip out on the olive tapenade as desired. (A grainy mustard would also contrast the flavor perfectly!)
The tender lean beef is cooked to perfection and the emerald green broccoli is soft and savory. Add a layer of flavor and nutrients by coupling with the carrots. Garnish with sesame seeds for the ultimate dish!
7. Chicken Stuffed with Wild Rice
Bite into a juicy, tender chicken breast and get a mouthful of wild rice loaded with fresh flavors. Recommended serving with favorite vegetables, including honey roasted carrots!
8. More Veggies
Looking for more veggies to go with your veggies? Many varieties complement carrots and likewise roast to perfection. Add other veggies to the sheet pan alongside carrots, including sweet potatoes and squash.