Our team of chefs and dietitians have put together this savory recipe to kick start your day with a high protein, veggie-packed breakfast. This is an easy recipe that you can make beforehand to save you time in the morning.
Bonus Tip: this recipe serves 6, so you can save the leftovers for breakfast for the rest of the week!
This recipe is featured in The MD Factor Diet, and was designed by bistroMD's founder and lead physician, to help you live a healthy lifestyle. Watch the recipe video to see just how simple and easy it is!
Serves 6 | 16g Protein | 4g Net Carbohydrate
• 1 (10-ounce) package chopped, frozen spinach
• Spritz of olive oil
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoons raw onion, minced
• 4 fully cooked sausage links, diced into small pieces
• 2 whole eggs
• 1 cup egg whites
• 1 cup cheese, reduced fat
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Thaw spinach and drain excess water
3. Spritz a pie pan with olive oil
4. In a small skillet over medium heat, heat the teaspoon of olive oil, then add in the onion, sauté until translucent, add sausage and set aside
5. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites
6. To the eggs, add the onion, sausage, spinach and cheese.
7. Pour mixture into pie pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until the eggs set.