Assemble your own citrus-marinated kabobs that take only 30 minutes and deliver big on flavor. This zesty recipe will be the star of many meals and will surely be a fan favorite. With only 250 calories and 34g of protein per serving, it's easy to see why!
Citrus Marinated Shish Kabobs Servings
Yield: Approximately 24 skewers
Serving Size: 2 skewers
Nutrition per Serving
NET Carbohydrate: 5 grams
Protein: 34 grams
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
• 2 oranges, zested and juiced
• 1 lime, zested and juiced
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4cup fresh basil, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
• 2 pounds chicken breast, diced into 1” portions (*Note: If prefer all chicken, use 4 pounds of chicken)
• 2 pounds sirloin tips
• 2 bell peppers, any color, diced into 1” pieces
• 1 red onion, diced into 1” pieces
• 1 lb. Cherry tomatoes
• 2 yellow squash, cut into 1” pieces (*Note: Any combinations of non-starchy vegetables you prefer)
1. Wisk ingredients for marinade together.
2. Arrange chicken and beef on skewers with the vegetables. Place in a large container or baking dish and pour the marinade over. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to grilling.
3. Grill on medium-high heat, turning occasionally until fully cooked, about 10 minutes.