Purple Cabbage and Apple Slaw Recipe
Side dishes can be the best part of the meal, as is the case with this Purple Cabbage and Apple Slaw! Thanks to bistroMD you can make this perfect side dish from home or sign up for bistroMD and see this slaw alongside Hickory Smoked BBQ Pork with Peach Crisp or Hickory Smoked BBQ Pork with Broccoli!
Serves 8, Nutrition per serving
Net Carbohydrate 6g (Total 8g / Fiber 2g)
Purple Cabbage and Apple Slaw
• ½ Purple Cabbage, fresh, chopped
• 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced
• 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
• ½ tablespoon Honey
• ½ tablespoon Ginger puree
• ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
• ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
• 2 Green Onions, green ends only, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon Parsley, fresh
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, ginger, black pepper, and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
2. In a large bowl add cabbage and green apples.
3. Pour dressing over cabbage and apples and toss to combine. Add green onion and parsley, gently combine.