Heart Healthy Asian Tuna Steak
This heart-healthy tuna steak, courtesy of BistroMD's very own Chef Jack, is just the right combination of citrus flavors, and mouth-watering flavors.
Here is another recipe from BistroMD's very own Chef Jack, that is both heart-healthy, and full of citrus and colorful flavors.
Chef Jack's Heart-Healthy Asian Tuna Steak
You Will Need:
1 1/2 pound tuna fillets
For the Marinade:
1/4 cup of orange juice (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger root, grated (or, you can use 2 teaspoons of ground ginger)
3 tablespoons of chopped scallions
1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a sealable plastic bag, or a stainless steel bowl.
2. Place the tuna fillets into a plastic bag, or in a stainless steel bowl. Seal or cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes.
3. Preheat your grill to medium heat.
4. Place tuna 6 inches above heat source, cooking the tuna 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Cook the tuna until it is done.
Makes about 6 servings
Fat: 11.4 grams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 2.3 grams
Fiber: 0.2 grams
For more healthy recipes from BistroMD's very own chefs, please click on one of the related articles below: