Chicken Feta Meatballs with Pomodoro Sauce Recipe
We’ve added a little something extra to this Italian inspired recipe to make it healthy and to keep your goals on track! These easy-to-make, homemade chicken and feta meatballs accompanied by Pomodoro sauce will hit-the-spot for you and your family every time!
Don’t just keep this recipe in-house, share it with your guest at your next party or event and they’ll keep coming back for more! These chicken feta meatballs are great for dinner or try using them as an appetizer and plate them with toothpicks. And use the Pomodoro sauce for dipping!
Chicken Feta Meatballs
Nutrition Per Serving
Yield approximately 12 meatballs
Serving Size: 3 Meatballs
Protein: 15 grams
NET Carbohydrate: 6 grams
• 1 lb lean ground chicken
• 1 small onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
• 1 whole egg, beaten
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
• 1/2 teaspoon Basil, dry
• 1/2 teaspoon Fennel
• 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425° F. Heat Olive Oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
2. When oil begins to glisten, add the diced onion and saute until it becomes soft and translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. While onions and garlic are cooling, add ground chicken, panko, egg, feta, Parmesan, basil, fennel, paprika, black pepper and sea salt in a medium bowl and combine until ingredients are mixed together well. Add your cooled onion/garlic mixture and combine.
4. Roll the chicken mixture into 1” balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Roast in the oven for about 18 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/4 cup pomodoro sauce
Protein: 1 grams
NET Carbohydrate: 2 grams
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons yellow onion, diced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 3 tablespoons of fresh herbs, oregano, basil, parsley, chopped
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in the olive oil for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and herbs and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes soften. Season with salt and black pepper.