BistroMD's My Night Recipe: Tandoori Chicken Masala
Courtesy of Chef Krishna, this Tandoori Chicken Masala recipe will make your My Night more exotic, and equally delicious.
As BistroMD’s newest chef, Chef Krishna specializes in creating exotic cuisine that is both healthy and delicious. To inspire you to cook with a passion on your weekly "My Night" Chef Krishna is bringing you colorful and easy-to-make, Tandoori Chicken Masala.
You will need:
1. 6 ounce lean, boneless, skinless, chicken breast
2. 2 tablespoons Tandoori Masala (can be purchased at any Indian food store)
3. ½ cup of 2% fage Greek yogurt
4. Pinch of salt to taste
5. Fresh head of Bok Choy (3 ounces, chopped)
6. Five Spice Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
7. Bag of Brown Basmati Rice (less than 2 pounds)
1. Combine the yogurt and Tandoori paste in a shallow, rectangular dish along with the chicken, and marinate for two hours.
2. After the chicken has been marinated, cook chicken in a non-stick sauce pan over medium heat, for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
3. Chop a three ounce serving of Bok Choy. Combine Bok Choy with a ½ teaspoon of five spice, and sauté in a skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat. (Bok Choy is a healthier substitution, and it is easier to prepare than the peppers pictured in the photo of the dish above.)
4. Cook brown Basmati rice according to package directions.
5. On a plate, spread Bok Choy on the bottom, and place the cooked Tandoori Chicken on top. Serve with a side of brown rice, and you are ready to enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
Fat: 6.1 grams
Protein: 52.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams