Get excited about reading again with fun and interesting tips from our experts, including The M.D., our dietitians, and our fitness expert. In our health library, you will find all of the information you need to achieve your goals of making a healthy lifestyle change. So, start reading and start losing!
This section of our health library is devoted to – you guessed it – workout tips! Learn about all things fitness in these articles that are designed to help you get up and get moving, regardless of your physical ability.
Biking can essentially be completed anywhere - outside, in a cycling class, or inside your own home with an indoor trainer. The movement targets several muscle groups, including the abdominal muscles, legs, and glutes, while being an excellent cardiovascular and anaerobic workout. And compared to exercises such as weight lifting and running, cycling is considered to be a low-impact, gentle workout, which is ideal for individuals with arthritis, recovering from an injury, or who are overweight. And speaking of, biking can be a beneficial means to weight loss, as one hour of rigorous cycling can torch an average of 400 calories. Pedal your way to a better body with this spinning workout!
• Sit comfortably by adjusting the bike seat. When pedaling, legs should be bent to an approximate 25-degree angle at the bottom of rotation.
• Stay seated during fast-paced speeds or add intensity by lifting off the seat for a few seconds.
• During hill climbs and slower paces with heavy resistance, stand up and hold onto the handlebars.
• Speed up and add resistance as comfortable, especially if new to spinning and cycling.
• Pedal to music - it can keep you pedaling quickly and effortlessly to the rhythm!
Simply answer a few questions so we can figure out your weight loss goals and provide solutions for a lighter, healthier you. Our weight loss meal plans are designed to help real people achieve real and lasting success.
Get free support to help you lose weight and be healthy with our Weekly Dish on Health.
Yes, send me free support to help me lose weight and
be healthy with the Weekly Dish on Health Newsletter.