Lose Weight with BistroMD and These 5 Tips to Staying Cool during Your Summer Workout
Summer is a great time to work out and lose weight, but heat is a very serious issue that isn't to be taken lightly. Learn how to take care of your body in a health and safe way over summer.
If you’re trying with all your might and you’re just not losing the weight, it’s time to try a different approach. If you’re never tried to lose weight with a diet meal plan, it could be a good time to start.
The key to successful weight loss is healthy eating and healthy exercise. When you’re working on your fitness, keep in mind that the general rule of thumb is this: If you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.
Here are 5 tips to staying smart during your summer workout:
Here’s a secret: lose weight with a smart workout and not an overly vigorous, overly ambitious routines that’s going to make you feel worse later on.
Beat the heat
1. Hydrate! Maintain salt-water balance by drinking plenty of fluids (preferably water) before, during and after exercise. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages before and after your workout.
2. Exercise smarter, not harder. Work out during the cooler parts of the day, preferably early in the morning or early in the evening. Decrease exercise intensity and duration at high temperatures or relative humidity. And don’t hesitate to take your exercise inside, to the gym, the mall or any place else where you can get in the zone.
3. Ease in to summer. Allow your body to adapt partially to heat through repeated gradual daily exposures. Your body should get used to the heat in 4-14 days.
4. Dress the part. Wear minimal amounts. Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing in breathable fabrics such as cotton.
5. Team up. If you can, exercise with a friend or family member. It’s safer and also has many other health benefits.
Be smart and know your body
Be smart and listen to your body. Stop exercising and grab some water if you experience headaches, abnormal sweating, the chills, dizziness, a weak or rapid pulse, abnormal muscle cramps, fast and shallow breathing, or nausea.
Regular exercise does not mean you can eat what you want and not gain weight. Healthy eating helps fuel your workout so eating right is just as important as exercise. You can’t exercise on an empty stomach, just like you can’t lose weight if you’re always hungry.
Lose weight with bistroMD and maintain your appetite so you can get the most out of your workout.
We have a unique philosophy. We believe that food is medicine. This means we pair healthy and delicious food with the proper vitamins and nutrients your body needs for healthy weight loss. We also understand that you’re short on time so we do all the hard work for you. We shop for ingredients, cook and prepare mouthwatering entrees so you don’t have to
And the best part is that you do not have to sacrifice taste for nutrition.
It doesn’t take long to see results and the only thing you have to lose is the weight. We have a men or a women’s program and the option to receive five-or-seven-days’ worth of healthy entrees. The seven day option comes with the My Night feature. The two programs range from $130-$160 and EATS, our essential and tasty snacks are also an additional option at $1.50 per snack. Women receive two snacks per day and men receive three snacks per day.