Recipe: Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Veloute Sauce
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Veloute Sauce
Traditional French veloute sauce is drizzled over our traditional chicken breast to create a succulent and tangy sensation.
Veloute sauce was actually designated one of the five “mother sauces”by Auguste Escoffier in the 19th century. The term “veloute” is French for velvet.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans, this healthy family dinner recipe is sure to wow and amaze! Enjoy!
Yields 4 servings
For the chicken:
- 4 5oz chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
For the sauce:
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth (pacific foods)
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- A pinch of white pepper
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken with the spices, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your grill to a medium-high heat and place the chicken on the grill with the skin side down and mark for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- In a 350'F oven, place the grilled chicken on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the chopped garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
- Add the wine, chicken stock and white pepper and then bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add the corn starch with the water and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Cook for 1 more minute and remove from the stove and serve over chicken.
- You can serve this with mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans for a nice, delicious and hearty meal.