Lord of the Wings
With football season in full swing, are you getting tired of trying to figure out healthy alternatives for game day? Well, leave your worries at the goal line because bistroMD’ s very own Chef K has the perfect chicken wing recipe for you—one that’s both tasty and healthy.
No need for a play book, because we’ve got the secret to success right here.
Here’s how you can become Lord of the Wings this football Sunday, with this recipe for delicious and healthy Chinese five-spice wings, with gingered mango sauce. We're getting hungry just thinking about it!
Chinese Five Spice Wings
You will need:
1 pound of medium-sized chicken wings
2 tablespoons of Chinese five spice
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce
1. In a bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oven to 350. Take a 13” baking sheet and cover it with aluminum foil. In order to avoid sticking, spray foil with a light mist of olive oil.
3. Place wings one at a time on the foil. Make sure they are about an inch apart.
4. Bake until wings are fully cooked, for about 45 minutes.
Gingered Mango Sauce
You will need:
1 ½ cups of orange juice
1/2 cup of mango puree
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon of Thai chili sauce
1. In medium sauce pan, combine orange juice, mango puree and brown sugar over medium heat. Mix together for a few minutes, and then lower heat by half.
2. Add the ginger and reduce for another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3. Once cooled, add the Thai chili sauce and stir, mixing well.
4. If you are using the sauce to coat the wings, place the cooked chicken wings in a large plastic pitcher. Add the mango sauce, cover with a lid, and shake.