Healthy Mediterranean Recipes
If you are looking for a recipe that will transport you to Santorini or Sardinia, bistroMD has the perfect Mediterranean fix for you. This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is both nutritious and delicious because it is specially designed by our very own nutritionists and dietitians!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad | Red Bell Pepper Coulis
Serves 4 | Serving Size: 6 oz portions
Net Carbohydrate 20g (= total carb 26g - Fiber 6g)
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
• ½ cup Quinoa, dry
• 1 cup Water
• ¾ cup Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
• ½ cup Carrots, peeled and diced
• 1/8 cup Artichoke Heart, chopped
• 1/8 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
• 1/8 cup Sundried Tomato, chopped
• ¼ cup Spinach, frozen, chopped, drained
• ½ tablespoon Basil, fresh chopped
1. Add quinoa to boiling water, cover, reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes or until quinoa fluffs with a fork.
2. Once cooled, add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Bell Pepper Coulis
• 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
• ½ tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
• 2 cloves Garlic, minced
• ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
1. Whisk all ingredients together and pour over Mediterranean Quinoa
2. Gently mix to incorporate and enjoy!