Healthy & Delicious Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Learn about this amazing chicken cacciatore, and how you can get so much taste in a small dish.
Nutrition Per Serving with 1 cup Italian Green Beans:
Protein: 29 grams
NET Carbohydrates: 13 grams
What You’ll Need:
4 Chicken Breasts (~5 oz each), boneless skinless
2 Tablespoons olive oil
8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup white wine
1 can 28 oz no salt added diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F
2. In a large ovenproof pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper and brown on both sides in the hot oil.
3. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and brown, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Deglaze the pan with the wine and allow to simmer about 1 minute.
6. Add the tomatoes and capers. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to boil.
7. Transfer your pan to the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Before serving, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Serve with Italian-cut green beans seasoned with garlic and basil.