Healthy Breakfast Recipes That Will Help You Start Your Day off Right
Some say that breakfast is the most important meal, make yours amazing with these recipes.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and because of that, we’re going to share our top secret healthy breakfast recipes with you; but first, it’s vital that you understand WHY it’s so critical to start the day off with a healthy, yummy meal before the sun comes up.
Why you should eat breakfast and how it affects you
First off, it’s very important for kids to eat breakfast every single day. Their growing bodies and developing brains rely heavily on the regular intake of food. If kids skip breakfast, this period of semi starvation can create a lot of physical, intellectual and behavioral problems down the road.
Eating the right breakfast foods can be hard if you're running low on time. It’s a lot easier to stop at your local Dunkin Donuts drive thru rather than prepare a meal at home. Most of us are too exhausted to prepare meals the night before and we’re too exhausted to get up on time to prepare meals in the morning. Thus begins the vicious cycle.
Some people also think that skipping breakfast will help them lose weight. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
So what SHOULD you eat for breakfast?
Follow the rule of fives when choosing healthy breakfast recipes. Five grams of protein and five grams of fiber are ideal.
Here are five healthy breakfast recipes
If you were in the dark before, you certainly won’t be for long with these healthy breakfast recipes. These are some quick and easy healthy breakfast recipes and ideas that won’t break your budget or set you back on time in the morning.
- 1 cup whole-grain cereal with 1/2-cup skim milk and 1/2 cup fresh fruit. This easy breakfast idea has 276 calories, 10 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein.
- 1 SMALL whole-wheat bagel, 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter, plus 1 cup fresh fruit. This breakfast has 384 calories, 12.3 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein.
- Yogurt breakfast parfait made with 6 ounces low fat yogurt, 1/2-cup fresh chopped fruit and 1/2-cup low-fat granola. A yummy start with 302 calories, 7 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein.
- Breakfast sandwich made with 1 whole-grain English muffin, 1 1/2-ounces light turkey breakfast sausage and 1 ounce reduced-fat cheese. This treat packs 300 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 21 grams of protein.
- 1 higher-fiber granola bar (like Fiber One), a banana and 8 ounces of skim milk. This breakfast will give you 365 calories, 12 grams of fiber and 13.5 grams of protein
How bistroMd can help you stay on track
Studies and research have shown that when people eat breakfast on a calorie-restricted diet, like bistroMD, they experience increased feelings of fullness—which help relieve their desire to eat more throughout the day—because they feel fuller longer.
“When eating healthy, it isn’t just about the calories,” says Dr. Caroline Cederquist, founder of bistroMD. “It’s all about portion control and eating the right amounts of nutrients at the right time. They don’t say breakfast is the most important meal of the day for nothing.”
If you are interested in our delicious breakfast entrees we have over 40 to choose from.
Check them out today