3 Easy Dinner Ideas for Two
Use the following easy dinner ideas for two to ensure perfect portions and a cozy dinner ambiance in which you can savor every morsel and moment.
The answer to the age old question of "What's for dinner?" may surface quickly if you are choosing from fast, frozen meals. However, curating healthy dinner ideas on a daily basis can leave you in two minds about whether to cook or throw in the kitchen towel altogether. Fortunately, there are healthy dinner recipes that can suit your diet and appease your appetite without wasting ingredients or effort. Use the following easy dinner ideas for two to ensure perfect portions and a cozy dinner ambiance in which you can savor every morsel and moment.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
This six-ingredient Lemon Rosemary Chicken uses fresh lemon and chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts to preserve tenderness while intensifying the aromatics of the evergreen herb, rosemary.
For an easy dinner recipe for two, gather the following ingredients:
● 4 large chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
● 1 lemon, sliced
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Place the chicken in a dish and coat it with olive oil, rosemary, lemon, salt, and pepper. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Preheat a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Place the chicken on the pan, skin-side down. Let the chicken sear with the lemon for 4-5 minutes.
4. Flip the chicken and sear the other side. Transfer the chicken into a baking dish.
5. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. When cooked, the thickest part of the chicken should be 165°F. Let the chicken rest for five minutes before serving.
The short-grained arborio rice in this creamy, Italian Seafood Risotto is chock-full of vitamins and minerals. A single serving of this risotto offers 30 grams of protein.
To stir up this healthy dinner recipe, gather the following ingredients:
● 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
● 1 8-oz bottle of clam juice
● 2 teaspoons butter
● 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
● 1/2 cup uncooked Arborio rice
● 1/8 teaspoon saffron
● 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
● 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
● 4 oz of peeled and deveined shrimp
● 4 oz scallops
● 2 tablespoons whipped cream
● Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Simmer broth and clam juice in a medium saucepan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add shallots; cook for 2 minutes. Add rice and saffron; cook for 30 seconds. Add lemon juice; cook for 15 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup of the broth; cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time.
4. Add in the tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add in the scallops and shrimp; cook for 4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the cream. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Beef and Eggplant Tagine
Beef and Eggplant Tagine is a protein-packed, high-fiber North African stew comprising spiced beef and nutrient-dense vegetables such as eggplant, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
To prepare this easy dinner idea in one dish, gather the following ingredients:
● 12 oz lean ground beef
● 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
● 1 eggplant, cubed
● 2 small yellow squash, cut into quarter rounds
● 4 cloves garlic, mashed
● 1 teaspoon garam masala
● 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
● 1 tablespoon ginger
● 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
● 1/2 cup pitted black olives
● 2 cups canned chickpeas
● 1/8 teaspoon salt
● 3 teaspoons hot sauce
● 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
1. In a large, nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, add the beef and cook for 6-8 minutes. Set aside the beef.
2. In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the eggplant and cook for 5 minutes. Add the squash, garlic, garam masala, cinnamon, and ginger, and cook for one minute.
3. To the skillet, add the tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, salt, and beef. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes to tenderize the vegetables.
4. Remove from the heat. Add the hot sauce and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve as a stew or, if you are not on a low-carb diet, serve over brown rice or whole wheat couscous.
BistroMD's diet delivery service can remove the monotony from your dinner routine with a variety of healthy, chef-prepared meals in ideal portion sizes to enable weight loss.