Roasted Garlic Hummus in Cucumber Cups
Great hummus is a staple of Mediterranean cuisine and this fresh Roasted Garlic Hummus in Cucumber Cups recipe will not disappoint. This simple and easy-to-make appetizer recipe is the perfect finger food for your next get together.
Great hummus is a staple of Mediterranean cuisine. These simple appetizers are the perfect finger food for your next get together.
Make it a vibrant part of the meal by garnishing with a variety of options. We recommend topping with cherry tomato, goat cheese, or Kalamata olives. Each serving is two cups and is just 115 calories with 5g protein.
Nutrition Per Serving
Yield: Approx. 20 pieces; serving size: 2 pieces
5g total fat
11 NET carbohydrate
• 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2.5 cups)
• 1 head garlic
• 2 tablespoons lemon juiceC
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Sea Salt, to taste
• 2 cucumbers
• Garnish: with pine nuts, Kalamata olives, heirloom tomatoes or parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Remove outside skin from the garlic head. Slice off top ½ inch and wrap in foil. Place on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until the garlic is soft, about 40 minutes. Unwrap and cool before separating the cloves and peeling.
2. Combine chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt in a food processor and puree. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time and continue to puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
3. Cut cucumbers into 1/2 -inch-thick slices and scoop out seeds with a small spoon or melon baller, leaving bottom intact to form a cup. Fill each cup with hummus and garnish as desired before serving.