Healthy Almond Joy Candy Bars
You walk up to pay for your nutritious groceries then all of a sudden... That blue Almond Joy wrapper is enduring for an impulse buy. Rather than grabbing this last-minute treat, try this 5-ingredient, healthy Almond Joy recipe.
You walk up to pay for your nutritious groceries then all of a sudden... That blue Almond Joy wrapper is enduring for an impulse buy. While grabbing the candy can quickly satisfy that chocolate craving, creating them at home is also a simple task! With just a few ingredients, prepare these healthy, homemade Almond Joys!
Almond Joy Recipe: Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bars
Yields 12 small bars
•1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
•2 Tbsp. coconut oil
•2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
•4-ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
•¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a food processor, mix together the shredded coconut, coconut oil, and syrup until it produces a sticky paste.
3. Scoop out a spoonful of the coconut mixture and form into 12 rounded rectangles. Freeze for roughly 20 minutes.
4. Slowly melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
5. Pull out the coconut rectangles and sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
6. Lightly coat or drizzle the melted chocolate atop.
7. Set candies in the refrigerator to allow them to harden!
8. Last but not least, en'JOY' the healthy chocolate coconut bars!
Preparing in the comfort of your own home minimizes sugar content while continuing to maximize flavor. Portions can further be controlled and moderated!