Recipe: Mixed Berry Crepes
Mixed Berry Crepes
Filled with fresh ricotta cheese and topped with a variety of fresh, juicy berries, these crepes are easy to make and perfect for a weekend brunch.
· 2 cups of milk
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup and 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon of salt
· 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
· 1 and a1/2 pint of strawberries (hulled and quartered)
· 1 and a 1/2 pint of blueberries
· 1 and a 1/2 pint of raspberries
· 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
· 3 and a1/2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar, or to taste
· 1-1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
· 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
· Confectioners' sugar for dusting
In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, flour, salt, oil and zest. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and 2 Tablespoons of the granulated sugar, or to taste. In another bowl, combine the ricotta and the remaining 1 and a 1/2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar. Set aside.
In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoons of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Pour in 1/4 cup of the batter and spread with a spatula. Cook until the crepe is golden underneath, for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat the process to make 8 crepes
Cover half of each crepe with the ricotta mixture and 1/4 cup of the berry mixture and roll into a tube. Place 2 crepes on each individual plate. Top 1/2 cup of berries and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.