BistroMD’s My Night Recipe: Tandoori Chicken Masala
As BistroMD’s newest chef, Chef Krishna specializes in creating exotic cuisine that is both healthy and delicious. To inspire you to cook with a passion on your weekly "My Night" Chef Krishna is bringing you colorful and easy-to-make, Tandoori Chicken Masala.
You will need:
1. 6 ounce lean, boneless, skinless, chicken breast
2. 2 tablespoons Tandoori Masala (can be purchased at any Indian food store)
3. ½ cup of 2% fage Greek yogurt
4. Pinch of salt to taste
5. Fresh head of Bok Choy (3 ounces, chopped)
6. Five Spice Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
7. Bag of Brown Basmati Rice (less than 2 pounds)
1. Combine the yogurt and Tandoori paste in a shallow, rectangular dish along with the chicken, and marinate for two hours.
2. After the chicken has been marinated, cook chicken in a non-stick sauce pan over medium heat, for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
3. Chop a three ounce serving of Bok Choy. Combine Bok Choy with a ½ teaspoon of five spice, and sauté in a skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat. (Bok Choy is a healthier substitution, and it is easier to prepare than the peppers pictured in the photo of the dish above.)
4. Cook brown Basmati rice according to package directions.
5. On a plate, spread Bok Choy on the bottom, and place the cooked Tandoori Chicken on top. Serve with a side of brown rice, and you are ready to enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
Fat: 6.1 grams
Protein: 52.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
To see more exclusive "My Night" recipes from our team of chefs, please visit the Diet Recipe section of our blog.
Next Article: In the News
The Brotherhood Ride: Continuing the Journey to Ground Zero
Join our health discussion! "Like" us, "follow" us, and "watch" us: