Healthy Foods for Weight Loss Can Whip Your Health into Shape
Man’s quest for a single super food that will keep you full, burn fat, lead to weight loss and taste great has been a challenge because no one has been able to find the single greatest diet food that exists on this planet. And while some claim to have found the perfect diet solution, they are mistaken because one single food cannot possibly provide all the nutrients your body needs to survive. However, when you combine a variety of healthy foods for weight loss into your diet, you can mimic the best possible super food and burn fat, lose weight and keep you feeling fuller, longer.
The list of super foods below should serve as a starting point to jump start your weight loss efforts. However, keep in mind that eating only the foods on this list is not a healthy, sustainable diet. These foods should either be your alternative to unhealthy snacks or enable you to switch up your meal ideas. Add these foods into your diet in place of other less healthy foods for weight loss.
Healthy foods for weight loss
- Berries. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are packed full of fiber and antioxidants. The fiber found in these healthy foods for weight loss will help keep you full while the antioxidants will boost your immune system. Add a half cup of berries to yogurt for a healthy, quick breakfast. Or have a half cup of mixed berries for dessert instead of an unhealthy, sugar filled alternative.
- Apples. The age old saying—an apple a day keeps the doctor away—isn’t that far off. The high amounts of fiber in apples can keep you full. Eat an apple with turkey or nut butter as a mid-afternoon snack. However, only eat one apple a day because they are high in natural sugars.
- Fish. Fish are delicious sources of protein and omega-3’s. The versatile nature of fish can keep your diet interesting because it can be cooked in a variety of ways with a variety of different healthy sides. For dinner once or twice a week, replace red meat with fish for a healthier alternative.
- Spinach. Spinach and other leafy dark green vegetables such as kale and collard greens are amazing healthy foods for weight loss. The fiber and nutrients will keep you full and help your body fight diseases. By replacing bread or potatoes with spinach or a salad, you’ll be able to lose weight a lot faster.
- Water. Since many Americans do not drink enough water, it is the best thing you can put into your body if you are trying to lose weight. By drinking water throughout the day, you are likely to eat fewer calories and you’ll even feel more full and satisfied throughout the day. Also, by drinking water instead of soda or juice, you can cut your calories in half.
By combining healthy foods for weight loss with a balanced diet, you can lose weight and feel great. Even though they did not make the list, fruits, vegetables, and lean protein are fantastic foods to eat on a diet. However, remember that losing weight is a journey and expecting to instantly lose weight will only lead to frustration. Instead, be patient and enjoy the ride. The results will be amazing.
If you’re looking for something fast and convenient without the hassle of frequenting the grocery store, bistroMD offers diet plans that can help you successfully lose weight.
We cook with the freshest ingredients and have over 200 recipes and a customizable menu so you should have no problem finding something to satisfy your taste buds.
Every bite you take follows this proven approach for healthy weight loss. Our program provides 1,100-1,400 calories daily with 40-50% total caloric intake from lean, adequate protein, 20-25% of calories from healthy fats, and 30-35% from complex carbohydrates.
It only takes a few weeks to start seeing results. You don’t have anything to lose, but the fat!
We have a men and a women’s program with the option to receive five-or-seven-days’ worth of healthy meals delivered to your door.
The two programs range from $130-$160 and EATS, our essential and tasty snacks are just $1.50 per snack. Women receive two snacks per day and men receive three snacks per day.