12 Healthy Snack Ideas
Snacking has gotten a bad name over the years, but there are inexpensive healthy snack ideas that won't take long to prepare. Healthy snacks also don’t mean you have to sacrifice taste for nutrition. Healthy food isn’t the enemy--it’s the solution.
Here are 12 healthy snack ideas with less than 200 calories
7 healthy snack ideas if you’re looking for something salty:
- 5 olives (of any kind) for 45 calories. Throw in some cheese and you’ll have a delicious midday snack
- ¼ cup of hummus and 3 carrot sticks for 80 calories.
- 1 ounce of buffalo mozzarella and ½ cup of cherry or grape tomatoes for 94 calories.
- 15 Eden’s Nori Maki rice crackers for 110 calories
- One 1 ounce package of Planters NUT-trition almonds for 30 calories
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds in their shells for 143 calories
- 2 pieces of prosciutto and 4 dried figs for 154 calories
5 healthy snack ideas if you’re looking for something sweet:
- 1 package of Original Apple Nature Valley Fruit Crisps for 50 calories
- One 100-calorie Balance Bar
- ½ banana rolled in 1 Tablespoon of frozen semisweet chocolate chips for 123 calories
- 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter and 4 stalks of celery for 124 calories
- 1 container of Greek yogurt and 2 teaspoons of honey for 173 calories
The science behind snacking
When your stomach starts growling, pay attention, but don’t eat the first thing you see. Plan ahead and pack any of these delicious snacks from our healthy snack ideas section. Your body will thank you later.
You don’t want to feel groggy and fatigued throughout your work day, do you? Avoid mindless eating and over indulgence in fattening, high-calorie foods will make you crash later. Snacks are supposed to bridge the gap between meals so you don’t stay hungry all day long, but when you eat junk food—it causes your blood sugar to spike, which causes you to feel extreme hunger.
No idea what to eat for a healthy snack? Try bistroMD’s EATS
At bistroMD, we have a men and a women’s program and the option to receive five-or-seven-days’ worth of healthy meals that we deliver to your door. The two programs range from $130-$160 and EATS, our essential and tasty snacks are an additional option at just $1.50 per snack. Women receive two snacks per day and men receive three snacks per day.
EATS are very popular with our program members and are an innovative approach to snacking. EATS are not only delicious, but they also boost your metabolic burn to keep the pounds coming off. Each snack from bistroMD contains 8-15 grams of protein. In fact, our program supplies protein roughly every 3-4 hours. These healthy snacks will boost your metabolism and curb your food cravings to help you stay healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
It takes just a few weeks to see results and you have absolutely nothing to lose, but the weight.