Pumpkin Curry with Shrimp Recipe
For a different take on the traditional Thanksgiving dish, here is an exotic and unique recipe using traditional pumpkin flavor, combined with tasty, to-die-for spice.
Our team of chefs & dietitians have created this healthy and delicious pumpkin curry recipe to add a Thai twist to your Thanksgiving menu. If you're new to curry, this is the perfect recipe to give it a try and you won't be disappointed! This exotic Thanksgiving recipe combines classic pumpkin with traditional Thai spices and coconut milk for a dish that everyone will enjoy!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sliced onion
1 tablespoon crushed ginger
1/2 pound of diced carrots
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
1 ½ teaspoons of curry powder
1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 ½ teaspoons of fresh lime juice
I package of steamed, brown basmati rice
1 pinch of cilantro
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger; sauté until soft for about 8 minutes.
2. Add garlic and continue to cook on medium heat for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the carrots and pumpkin puree; cook stirring frequently, until pumpkin is golden brown for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and the curry powder; simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and the lime juice. Top with the cilantro and the lime zest.