Low Calorie Diet Plans: What’s That All About?
Low calorie diet plans, if done properly, can provide your body with proper nutrition and help you lose that extra weight so you can have the body you’ve always wanted. However, if done improperly or without medical guidance, low calorie diet plans can be very dangerous and could actually cause you to gain weight. Thankfully, there are a number of low calorie diet plans that will deliver healthy meals right to your door to help take out the guess work.
What is a low calorie diet plan?
A low calorie diet plan limits your daily caloric intake in proportion to your body weight and target weight to promote regular weight loss. Most low calorie diets range from 1200-1500 calories per day. When starting a low calorie diet plan, the first step is to determine how many calories your body needs to function and how many calories you are currently consuming; use the Basal Metabolic Rate calculator and the Calories Burned calculator available here to help you determine these values. Also use the tools available here to help determine how many calories you are already consuming. Once you know these values, you will better be able to determine the low calorie diet plan that is the best choice for you.
Is bistroMD a low calorie diet plan?
Yes, bistroMD is a low calorie diet plan!
If you’re looking for something fast and convenient without the hassle of going to the grocery store, bistroMD offers a diet delivery program that can help you develop healthy eating habits and lose weight.
We cook with the freshest ingredients and have over 200 recipes and a customizable menu so you’re sure to find something to satisfy your taste buds.
We have a men and a women’s program with the option to receive five-or-seven-days’ worth of healthy meals delivered to your door.
And the best part is that it only takes a few weeks to see results.
The two programs range from $130-$160 and EATS, our essential and tasty snacks are just $1.50 per snack. Women receive two snacks per day and men receive three snacks per day.
Benefits of a low calorie diet plan
- Weight loss. The number one benefit of cutting calories is weight loss. By limiting the amount you eat, you are going to start losing weight. Weight loss not only improves your body image, but it also has many health benefits such as reduced risk of heart disease and diabetes, longer life expectancy and an improved quality of life.
- Improved health. Even if you are not trying to lose weight, the majority of Americans consume way too much food and a healthy, balanced diet would definitely not be a bad idea. By balancing your calories through a low calorie diet plan, you can balance your body while simultaneously reducing your risk for certain medical conditions.
- Increased energy. Eating properly can dramatically improve your energy levels. As you lose weight and improve your health, your energy levels will naturally increase. You will be able to sleep better, exercise more and have more time do the things you love.
Possible Complications or Drawbacks
- Cutting too many calories. If you over cut calories, your body will enter survival mode and retain its weight. Also, by cutting too many calories, you run the risk of becoming malnourished. To avoid this complication, speak with your doctor or dietitian.
- Cutting out meals. Low calorie diet plans focus around cutting calories at each meal and snack. Do not be tempted to skip entire meals because this can be as dangerous as cutting out too many calories.