20 Easy and Healthy Snack Ideas
It may be difficult to pass the temptation of convenient, unhealthy snacks. Embrace these 20 healthier snack ideas to fight the day-to-day fatigue and grogginess you may often experience in between meals!
With gas stations and vending machines on and in every corner, it may be difficult to bypass the temptation of convenient, unhealthy snacks. But healthier snacks do exist, without coming with a heavy price tag or even sacrificing taste for nutrition.
20 Simple & Healthy Snack Ideas
1. 1 medium-sized apple with 1 tablespoon of almond butter for 185 calories.
2. 1 cup carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons of hummus for 100 calories.
3. 1 ounce of pumpkin seeds for 126 calories.
4. 1 ounce mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc.) for 170 calories.
5. 2 pieces of prosciutto and 4 dried figs for 154 calories.
6. ½ banana rolled in 1 tablespoon of frozen semisweet chocolate chips for 123 calories.
7. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 4 stalks of celery for 114 calories.
8. 6-ounces of non-fat, plain Greek yogurt and ½ cup of blueberries and a dah of cinnamon for 143 calories.
9. 1 cup of lightly salted edamame for 189 calories.
10. 3 cups of plain, air-popped popcorn for 93 calories; season with fresh herbs and spices for added flavor!
11. ½ cup cottage cheese and 1 cup sliced, fresh peaches for 170 calories.
12. 2 large hardboiled eggs for 140 calories and a whopping 12 grams of protein.
13. 1-ounce turkey wrapped around 1 string cheese for 125 calories; when selecting any deli meat, purchase straight from the butcher to avoid high-sodium content found in most packaged meats.
14. 1 English muffin pizza for calories. Layer 67 English muffin half with one thin tomato slice, 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of oregano and parsley for 148 calories. In a 375-degree Fahrenheit oven, bake until cheese is lightly golden, approximately eight to 10 minutes.
15. 8-ounces of fat-free chocolate milk for 135 calories.
16. ¼ cup of edamole paired with ¼ cup of sliced bell pepper for an approximate 200 calories.
17. 1 ounce of beef jerky for 120 calories.
18. ¼ cup of Greek yogurt ranch and ½ cup of cucumber slices for 60 calories.
19. 2 rice cakes with ¼ cup of avocado slices and 1 tablespoon of salsa or hot sauce for 160 calories.
20. BistroMD snacks. bistroMD offers both men and a women's program options and the choice to receive five-or-seven-days' worth of healthy meals delivered straight to your doorstep! The two programs range from $130 to $160 and provides the opportunity for EATS, or essential and tasty snacks for an additional slight charge... Costing just $1.50 per snack! Women receive two snacks per day and men receive three snacks per day, presenting program members with an innovative, cost-friendly, and delicious approach to snacking! Each bistroMD snack contains eight to 15 grams of protein, sure to boost metabolism and curb food cravings to keep you healthy and energized. (The only thing you have left to lose is the weight!)